National Campaign for Food Safety
The Federation of Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture in Lebanon, along with important local partners, will launch a National Campaign aiming to maintain the highest food safety standards in Lebanese restaurants, hotels and catering establishments. The National Campaign will help shape and reinforce Lebanon's image as a clean, hospitable country and a premier destination for culinary delights.
The two main components of the National Campaign are:
1) Awareness-raising Activities; and,
2) Training Workshops on "Food Safety in the Hospitality Industry."
The Awareness-raising Activities will aim to accomplish the following objectives:
- Promote food safety and hygiene culture among the food service hospitality industry with food caterers, restaurant owners, managers and staff, Hotel restaurants and kitchen managers and staff; to be referred to in the text as the food service hospitality industry.
- Allow owners, operators and managers of the food service hospitality industry, to understand all the food safety risks faced by their food and learn how to reduce those risks.
- Improve operations and provide food safety knowledge and skills to owners, managers, chefs, and workers of the food service hospitality industry.
- Work for the establishment of statutory and regulatory directives and compliance criteria, based on international standards of food safety and hygiene.
The Training Workshops will aim to meet the following goals:
- To allow food-service owners, operators and managers, to understand all the food safety risks faced by their food operations.
- To learn how to reduce those risks.
- To improve operations and provide knowledge, skills and know-how to owners, managers, chefs, and workers.
- To focus on the flow of food from purchasing until final preparation.
- To comply with and obtain certification on international food safety standards such as Good Restaurant Practices, HACCP, ISO 22000 and other standards.